Sunday, October 2, 2011

Floor plans...

Why is it so hard to find the floorplan for my Eichler? I think my plan is known as E-11 by Ashen & Allen, and it is the 1755 sqft atrium, flat roof model one can find all over Fairbrae and Fairglen communities in Sunnyvale and San Jose. There are probably 500 eichlers with this floorplan, but I can only find one lousy stamp sized black and white image when I google this plan.

 That is enough! I took this matter in my own hands, measured all the rooms in the house, downloaded a free drawing program, and drew my own plan! (As if I don't have fifty other things I have to do by tomorrow for my real job so that I can pay for this mortgage) Boys and girls, here is my plan:

Ok, so I felt lazy at the end and didn't bother putting in the dimensions for the bedrooms. Perhaps, I may have  screwed up the scale while drawing the bedrooms, but hey this is much better than what you'll find on google. I am sure you can figure out what is a wall, what is a glass panel, what is a sliding glass door etc.


2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Eichler renovation.
    You can find an E11 blueprint on my very first blog post:
    http://eichlereichler.blogspot.com/2010/12/it-begins-here.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! But it looks like there are some minor differences. For example, mine doesn't have the mist-glass in the hallway. Not sure about other differences so far.

    ReplyDelete